The NCAA won't discuss expanding the men's and women's basketball tournaments until after this year's version of March Madness finishes, senior vice president of basketball Dan Gavitt said Thursday. Gavitt told that to a group of reporters who were attending an NCAA event in Indianapolis. There has been talk for the past few months that the NCAA could expand the tournament field to 72 or 76 starting in 2027. NCAA President Charlie Baker said last year that adding teams could add value to the tournament, and he said the NCAA already has had "good conversations" with TV partners CBS and Warner B...
HALO NEWSLETTER
Join HALO today and unlock this story instantly — It's Free